Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Unprotected sex and the chance of getting pregnant.

Unprotected sex and the chance of getting pregnant.

Patient: I had my period Dec 29th- Jan 2nd and then Jan 11-14th. I have had unprotected sex five times around Jan 21st and 22nd. What are my chances of getting pregnant?

Symptoms: Unprotected sex

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the queryLooking at the pattern of the cycles you have had, seems like you had 2 cycles in the mont h of January or you seem to be having irregular cycles. In such a case, we cannot predict the chances of pregnancy accurately as it is not possible to judge your ovulation time and know the safe period. There is a possibility of pregnancy considering January 11 as your last cycle. kindly consult a gynecologist and get a pregnancy test done to rule out the possibilities. It is early for the tests if January 11 was the last cycle date, the doctor may ask you to repeat the same after a week though results may be negativeHope this helpedRegards