Unprotected sex for over an hour pregnancy chance

Patient

Q: I had unprotected sex the day after my period ended. The guy said that he didn't cum but he said he doesn't know if he pre cummed or not. Can you get pregnant off of precum and on the 6th day of your cycle?? We had sex for about an hour if that helps answer the question.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
Sometimes the pre cum can also spermatozoa which are enough to impregnate a woman. This depends on the man’s body, or if there was an ejaculation earlier 2-3 hours before and he did not empty his urethra before the sexual intimacy then there are chances for spermatozoa to be present in the pre cum. But the 6th day of period is generally safe day to have sex, but this is if the average periodicity of your menstrual cycle is between 28-35 days. i.e., your periods are regular. The chance of pregnancy with this episode of sexual inter course are remote. But to be on the safer side it is better to take birth control pills or use a condom etc to avoid unwanted pregnancy.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good Day.