Unprotected sex, please help

Patient

Q: Hi Doctor,

Last night I had unprotected vaginal intercourse with a woman twice. I have no reason to make me believe that she has any STD deceases but I am just so worried on what to do to limit my chances of getting STD after having sex. I know that I shouldn't have done that without using condoms. but I wasn't expecting to have sex with her.

Please help.

NB: I am 27 years old Man.

regards and thank you in advance.

Symptoms:  None
Doctor

Suspecting a STD in a person, after an intercourse and trying to prevent the chances of contracting the same after the sexual encounter, is a challenge.
You can visit a physician immediately.The doctor may wish to run a few tests on you which would pick up a STD. for example, PCR test for HIV, test for HBsAg, FTS ABS for syphilis, culture and sensitivity tests for various pathogens causing std like Trichomonas, chlamydia, etc.A course of post-exposure broad spectrum antibiotics may be prescribed to you. If needed the doctor would ask you to repeat a few investigations at a later stage.
Next time makes sure you use protection. Be aware of symptoms like rashes, vesicles in your body or genitals, weakness, flu-like symptoms, frequent cold, cough, abnormal discharge from the penis, skin sores, itching over the genital area, lymph node enlargement, etc.These symptoms may be suggestive of an early sign of STD