Unprotected sex the day of ovulating.

Patient : If i have sex the day im ovulating and take plan b the day after will it work?
Symptoms:  No symptoms
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Plan B will work if it is taken within 72 hours of the unprotected sex, irrespective of w hether you are ovulating or not. As the interval between the sex which was last done and the time of consumption of plan B increases, the effectiveness of the contraception decreases. Always remember there are 0.5 to 1% chances of failure. There is no contraception which is 100 % effective. Hope this helped Regards