Unprotected sex while on period.

Patient : I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend while on my period I was on my 4th day when it happened it came on December 20,2014 and it goes off December 26,2014 what can happen if we did that
Symptoms:  None
Doctor :   Hello, If you had sex during the menses then there are no chances of pregnancy as there was no ovulation and if there is no ovulation for ovum, then there are no chances of fertilization to an embryo or conception. You were in your safe period and completely protected naturally from pregnancy. I hope i have answered your query, wishing you good health, regards