Unprotected sex with by boyfriend

Patient : I had unprotected sex with by boyfriend in January of this year, Ive had 2 week long periods since but have missed my period this month, ive taken several pregnancy tests and all are negative. Is there a chance I could be pregnant??
Doctor :   I realize your concern about possible pregnancy. If you had two confirmed periods after having unprotected sex but misse d the third period, there would be no possibility of pregnancy.If that was the case, a probability of missed period not due to pregnancy might be the reason. Let me reassure you that most irregular periods are benign. Missed periods, too frequent periods, spotting, or bouts of heavy clotting and bleeding are usually caused by an underlying hormonal imbalance that is easily treated. Missed periods are more common than you think.If you had no unprotected sex just before your missed period, there would be no reason to think about pregnancy, sometimes a wide variety of factors can be responsible for irregular periods such as significant weight gain or loss, Over-exercise, Poor nutrition (or a diet too high in carbohydrates), Smoking, Drug use, Caffeine, Excessive alcohol use (interfering with how the liver metabolizes estrogen and progesterone), Eating disorders and very commonly Increased stress and Anxiety.I will suggest you to consult your Gynecologist if you missed your next period to rule out a possibility of hormonal imbalance. I wish you the best.