Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Unsettled naps upto two times a day

Unsettled naps upto two times a day

Patient: Hello doctor,I have been taking up to two short naps a day for several years,however of late I have felt unsettled and “nervy”upon awakenig,can you tell me why this may be?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. There isn’t any serious sleep disorder associated with what you are experiencing when you a wake. It is possible that the anxious, ‘nervy’ feeling you have been experiencing upon awakening may be due to stress and anxiety throughout your day. We would like you to take a careful look at your level of stress throughout the day. Try to avoid drinking excessive amounts of caffeine as a means of assisting yourself in having a restful sleep as well.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com