Unspecific swelling in the scalp

Patient : 3 inches across and 1 inch or so in width of the top center of my forehead to the hairline is swollen,? not really bruised, and doesnt really hurt. But I dont recall hitting my head on anything recently, any reason for my apparent alarm
Doctor :   There are many causes of scalp swelling, the most common is trauma, physical abuse, acne, keratoacanthoma, blisters, Gia nt cell arteritis, allergic dermatitis, allergy to soap or shampoo.In the view that you do not recall any type of trauma or injury, possibly you may be experiencing some kind of localized allergic process. I suggest to visit your PCP and get evaluated to determine the cause and proceed with the right treatment.