Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Unsure if pregnant, Boyfriend pulled out

Unsure if pregnant, Boyfriend pulled out

Patient: Okay,I am a 16 year old female. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on December 5th, my period ended December 5th, and began around November 28 (ish). Before the sex he used the washroom, wiped his areas clean. Sex lasted for approximately 10 minutes and he was no where near ejaculating.I been having some minor stomach aches, but I don’t know if that is just because I have a lousy diet.Also I felt my cervix, it is pretty hard, I guess you could say, and not fully closed as it can be in some cases.I have not taken a pregnancy test.I have had no symptoms, other than frequent urination, but that may be due to how highly active I am. ( I drink A LOT ). I was wondering the possibility of pregnancy.Thank you.

Symptoms: Frequent Urination

Doctor: Hello,As mentioned that you had sex on the 5th December when you ended your menses, so you were in your safe period w hen the ovulation had not occurred and even if there was an ejaculation or a precum secretion , then chances of pregnancy would be minimum.However frequent urination is seen to occur after sex and can subside in 24-48 hours on its own unless an urinary infection has occurred or as you said that you are in a habit of drinking lot of water. An infection can be suspected if there is any burning sensation while urination or increased frequency accompanied. This can be confirmed or ruled out with a urine culture test and if required based on the test , antibiotic treatment can cure the cause.So, as you were in your safe period and he didn’t ejaculate, pregnancy is unlikely.I hope i have answered your query,wishing you good health ,regards