Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Unsure of Pregnant or Not

Unsure of Pregnant or Not

Patient: Hello there,I just have a question regarding to can I get pregnant within 3 days before my period starts? The odd part was, there was protection involved and he did not eject inside of me? I am just wondering?

Doctor: Hello,thanks for contacting askthedoctor.comAfter 3 days of your periods till 3 days prior to ovulation you were in your safe period when no ovum is present to be fertilized. So even if there would have been an ejaculate inside the vagina , still the chances of pregnancy would be next to minimum. More over there was protection involved and he didn’t ejaculate inside, so all the more reason to believe that you would not get pregnant.I hope i have answered your query,wishing you good health,regards