Unsure whether pregnant

Patient

Q: My friend is concerned and really scared that she may be pregnant. the rest of us keep telling her we really don't think she is. she was taking birth control, but missed three days of it before starting her new pack. her boyfriend used a condom every time and pulled out every time. the most recent time that she had sex with him without using birth control (still with a condom, though) was about a month ago.
this past weekend, she started taking birth control again, but it was a different type than what she used to take. she had sex again the day after that; they used a condom and she had taken birth control the day before and day of.
she took a pregnancy test today and it was negative, but she's still really concerned. is it likely that she could be pregnant?

Symptoms:  Bloating, nausea, pain when eating, spotting
Doctor