Untreated Degenerative disk disase

Q: I have degenerative disk disease have had it since i was in my late 30s have had one surgery and need another but cannot find a neurosurgeon in my area, i have already started losing reflex in my right leg and muscle strength in rt thigh, how long before i have none if left untreated and what should i expect symptom wise if it is not treated?

A:   Thanks for consulting us. We can not predict the time limit for development of the symptoms. If your symptoms are worsening, consult your Neurosurgeon immediately. As the condition of degenerative disc progress, it compress nerve roots and if neglected, you may lose the functionality of the concerned part permanently. Consult your Neurosurgeon as soon as possible and follow his advise. Wish you speedy recovery.