Unusal menstral cycle causing bleeding 15 out of 30 days

Patient

Q: I started my period 3 weeks ago and it stopped for a week and started back up again the following week. I have now been bleeding for 15 days out of 30. What should I do?

Doctor

A:   Well we say every 28 days is normal for most, it can also be anywhere from 23 to 35 days and for some it may be changing month to month and in your case it seems like its somwhere around 15 days. I would see your doctor if there is heavy bleeding and the cause can be anything from hormonal imbalance, infection in uterus just to name a few. I would make an appointment with your doctor as soon a you can. Hope this helps.