Unusual menstruation

Patient

Q: Let me preface this question with the fact that I have endometriosis / PCOS and have been dealing with them since 2006 both on the no period and 3 out of four weeks a month periods. I am in a lesbian relationship and often have some spotting post intercourse, although penetration is minimal. Last week my period surprised me on the way home from taking my daughter to school. I felt it start as I parked my car and by the time I reached my apartment I was bleeding so heavily that it was through my pants, underwear, all the way down my leg, into my shoe, dripping onto the carpet, and when I took my shorts off I was letting so much blood that it almost sounded like pee. I also dropped three or four blood clots approximately the size of squash balls. Today, I was masturbating with my vibrator (clitoral stimulation only, no penetration.) Within an hour I was bleeding so heavily that the blood was running down my leg, and I am dropping approximately half dollar sized blood clots. I am just wondering if I should be concerned

Symptoms:  Heavy, irregular menstrual periods
Doctor

The bleeding is definitely a concern. Since you have a history of endometriosis and PCOS, there could be a hormonal imbalance and this could have been the cause for the heavy bleeding associated with clots.
The vaginal mucosa is very sensitive and any friction or external trauma can cause rupture of blood vessels or capillaries causing heavy bleeding.
Kindly avoid masturbation with a vibrator and consult a gynecologist for an ultrasound and an investigation for the cause of heavy bleeding. You may have to be started on medications to stop the heavy bleeding as well as hormones to regularise the bleeding pattern and the flow.

Hope this helped.