Unusual Taste

Patient

Q: For several years now, I periodically have bad tastes in my mouth when I eat. Sometimes certain foods trigger it, sometimes I can go a long time without having a problem, and sometimes I'll taste it one day and not the next.

My most common problem is tasting salt when I eat something sweet. Recently I started having problems with apples tasting like garbage, and the other day I had the same taste while eating a doughnut.

A friend of mine suggested that I might have a vitamin deficiency. I haven't seen a doctor about this because I don't know what kind of doctor I would need to see about this problem.

Thank you so much for your help!

Doctor