Upcoming mass removal close to the sciatic nerve

Patient

Q: I have a mass that is pressing on the sciatic nerve, to have it removed what is the recovery time? Is it minimally invasive surgery? It is near the femal artery so it could be bloody. Thanks Christy

Doctor

A:   If you are having a ambulatory, minimally invasive procedure, the recovery time must be really short, about may be 7 to 10 days, depending on how affected by the compression was your sciatic nerve, the recovery of a injured nerve is approximately 1 millimeter per day, and you may experience pain, sciatica for a while.