Upper back pain and pins and needles

Q: I have had upper back trouble for around a year and a half. I don't know what triggered it but it comes and goes every few days. In the last couple of weeks I have been feeling pins and needles or like a tingling sensation sort of around my left shoulder blade. This comes and goes every so often too, around 4/5 times a day. I am just worried in case it is anything serious. Thanks

Symptoms:  Tingle, pins and needles, upper back pain

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

You seem to be suffering from Severe Muscular Spasm.
I would advise you to get an X-ray Cervical spine to rule out any disc prolapse.
For acute muscular pain I advise following:
1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.
2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.
3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.
4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.
Your pain would start getting better in 5 days.
If any disc prolapse is found you would be treated with a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin.
Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.