Upper back pain possibly associated to scoliosis and aggravated by anxiety

Q: Im having severe back pain. Its been well over three months ive been having it. But i also have scoliosis, as well but with only a 23 degree curve. My main issue is that my muscles are constantly tight. The pain startes between my shoulder blades and radiates down my whole back, ive only recently starting have some pains on the sides of my legs. But ive also done a bone scan and still nothing wrong. im worried, ive done physcial therapy and everything there is to offer. But im in pain and its getting to much

A:   Back pain is not a specific disease but it is a symptom that may happen from a wide array of different processes. In up to 85% of people with back pain, despite a thorough medical examination and imaging tests (X rays, MRI, CT scans), no specific cause of the pain can be identified and we call it: mechanical back pain. Common causes of back pain involve disease or injury to the muscles, bones, and/or nerves of the spine as follows: disc herniation that produces irritation of the nerve (i.e.: sciatica), spinal stenosis, deformities of the spine (i.e.: scoliosis, kyphosis), fibromyalgia, amongst the most common. It is possible that the pain you are experiencing is related with your previous history of scoliosis and posture factors. It is very important to keep a good posture at all times and practice low-impact activities such as swimming, walking, and bicycling can increase overall fitness without straining the back. While standing, keep your head up and stomach pulled in. If you are required to stand for long periods of time, you should have a small stool on which to rest one foot at a time. And keep your follow up visits with your doctor to monitor the progress of the curve until you reach complete bone growth.