Upper Back Pain..OUTCH HELP!

Q: So long story short..

About 6-7 years ago i jumped off a diving board and landed on nothing but concrete. Injured my back, got X-rays, they said i was fine, just had some internal bruising.

Every since then I have major back pain about 2 mounths every year in my upper middle of my back, and between my should blades. It is a very sharp pain that makes it difficult to do any thing and at times painful to breath.. I have been to several doctors, and each time they send me to physical therapist. 4 different occasions as of today. one point they said I had dislocated 2 ribs, and just pooped them in place, and it was perfect. other time they said i had to vertebrates locked in place, Popped it out, and it was perfect.

This time however! I have been in constant pain for three months. seen two different doctors several times. They sent me to physical therapy, and they "Think" its a dislocated rib again, but seem to be clueless on how it happened and how to fix it. I only have one more appointment left with them. After that the doctor said i need to see an orthopedic.

This is my delema, I am joining the Military...If I have any kind of back surgery I will be unable to join. So I really do not want any kind of surgery. What should I DO! Should I go see another doctor, and ask for more physical therapy at a different place since I have a history of back injury and dilocating ribs?! or go to an orthopedic who will probly suggest i get xrays or mri.