x
159 Physicians Online

Question:

Upper left chest pain

My husband is 52 and has been experiencing some pain in his upper left chest. He describes it as a burning or stinging...? the pain come and goes at random but often after some excretion life cutting firewood

Answer:

The symptoms that you mentioned of chest pain on exertion do seem a bit concerning and may point towards an angina. Though pain arising from the heart, lungs, upper gastrointestinal system and chest wall may all present with similar symptoms.
I would still advice you to see you GP for a more thorough physical examination including a BP and a cardiac exam , other testing like a lipid panel along with a cardiac stress test and an ECG to rule out any intrinsic cardiac problem like an angina.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA