x
168 Physicians Online

Question:

Upper left chest pain

My husband is 52 and has been experiencing some pain in his upper left chest. He describes it as a burning or stinging...? the pain come and goes at random but often after some excretion life cutting firewood

Answer:

The symptoms that you mentioned of chest pain on exertion do seem a bit concerning and may point towards an angina. Though pain arising from the heart, lungs, upper gastrointestinal system and chest wall may all present with similar symptoms.
I would still advice you to see you GP for a more thorough physical examination including a BP and a cardiac exam , other testing like a lipid panel along with a cardiac stress test and an ECG to rule out any intrinsic cardiac problem like an angina.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.