UPPER RIGHT QUADRANT PAIN

Patient

Q: HELLO! MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN EXPERICING PAIN IN HIS ABDOMEN. IT IS IN THE RIGHT UPPER SIDE BELOW HIS RIBCAGE. THE PAIN WAKES HIM UP IN THE MORNING AND FEELS LIKE HE IS GOING TO THROW UP THE PAIN STAYS ALL DAY. HE HAD BLOOD WORK DONE AND HIS CHOLESTEROL IS HIGH AND HIS VITAMIN D IS LOW. HE WENT FOR A CT SCAN OF HIS ABDOMEN AND PELVIS NO RESULTS BACK YET. WHAT COULD THIS BE?

Doctor

A:   The pain in the upper right abdomen experienced by your husband could be due to gallbladder stone or due to hepatitis. I would advise your husband to wait for the CT scan reports and also do a liver function test (if not already done), which will help to diagnose between the two. I wish your husband well, take care.