Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Upper right side back is completely numb

Upper right side back is completely numb

Patient: So from the top of the backside of my neck to midway down my back on the left side, my back is completely numb. It has been like this for a few days now. It happened because I got slammed on the left side of my head in wrestling. Why is my back numb?

Symptoms: Numb back, sharp pain when I tilt my head back or to the right side

Doctor: HelloThank you posting your query on “Ask the Doctor”It appears from your history that you might have got nerve ent entrapment following the injury.Injury may lead in to nerve root compression leading to pain and numbness over the dermatology the nerve supplies.In such situation you should immediately rush to your doctor, who will examine you and may suggest you MRI cervical and thoracic spine.The treatment strategy will be depending upon the findings of MRI.Please see your doctor.Wish you a good health.