Upper urinary tract infection?

Patient

Q: Am I suffering from an upper urinary tract infection?

Symptoms:  nausea, lower back pain, side pain, painful urination,
frequent urination, lower stomach pain, sleeplessness,
constipation
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Your symptoms of lower back pain, dysuria (painful urination), and frequent urination do support the notion that you may be suffering from a urinary tract infection. We recommend that you follow up with your doctor to be examined and have urine test conducted to determine the cause of your symptoms. If diagnosed, you will need to prescribed antibiotics to treat this infection. We recommend that you drink copious amounts of water to aid in the progress of treatment of this possible urinary tract infection.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com