Uretheral strictures anf Fertility

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Uretheral strictures anf Fertility

Patient: My fiancee has had uretheral strictures. He seems to have a difficult time reaching orgasm and ejaculating…it takes forever! Do the strictures have anything to do with this?? Also, will it hinder his fertility?

Doctor: The strictures will not affect his fertility unless the infections that caused the strictures has damaged his testicles. They should not affect his ability to have an orgasm either. The strictures will affect how the ejaculatory fluid is expelled as they block the urethra, which is the tube through which both urine and semen flows. If he is able to urinate without much difficulty then he should also be able to ejaculate as well

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No