Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Urgent help required – headaches

Urgent help required – headaches

Patient: My iron level is low 8 and I have vitamin B12 deficiency Pernicious anemia …..can I take ferograde C and Blackmore vitamin B12 tablets together ?

Symptoms: Contineous Headaches , weakness , lazy , hands numbness ,

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.Since your iron levels are very low and you have a pic ture of Dimorphic anemia, that is co-associated Vitamin B12 and Iron deficiency. So, you can take both the supplements together. However, I personally recommend the use of Parenteral Vitamin B12 in case of pernicious anemia.Also, important is to find out the cause of your anemia.I would recommend following tests:1. Hemogram with ESR to see for WBC and Platelet count.2. Malaria antigen test- If you have any fever3. Liver and Kidney function test4. Urine examination.5. Stool for occult bloodI hope it helps.Stay Healthy