Urinary & Prostate problem

Patient : When I urinate there is blood initially. This happens ocassionally.
Symptoms:  Blood in the urine.
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Blood in the urine is a cause for concern. If you experience pain while urination, and you observe blood as well, this may be due to a urinary tract infection caused by bacteria. Painless blood in the urine may be indicative of a more serious condition such as cancer of the bladder or prostate. Please go to your doctor immediately to be evaluated for possible causes of your hematuria. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com