Urinary painl with blood for female

Patient

Q: I'm female age of 43 pain and blood in urine

Symptoms:  The feeling of having to pee like you've held it long time. And pain with blood when you do
Doctor

A:   Difficult urination, pain and blood in the urine may be signs of an A urinary tract infection (UTI) that is an infection involving the kidneys, ureters, bladder, or urethra. These are the structures that urine passes through before being eliminated from the body.

n uncomplicated cases, urinary tract infections are easily treated with a short course of antibiotics, although resistance to many of the antibiotics used to treat this condition is increasing. In complicated cases, a longer course or intravenous antibiotics may be needed, and if symptoms have not improved in two or three days, further diagnostic testing is needed. In women, urinary tract infections are the most common form of bacterial infection with 10% developing urinary tract infections yearly. In those who have bacteria or white blood cells in their urine but have no symptoms, antibiotics are generally not needed, although pregnant woman are an exception to this recommendation.

If you suspect you have a urinary tract infection, head to the doctor. You'll be asked to give a urine sample, which will be tested for the presence of UTI-causing bacteria. The treatment? Antibiotics to kill the intruders. As always, be sure to finish off the prescribed cycle of medicine completely, even after you start to feel better. And drink lots of water -- and cranberry juice -- to help flush the bacteria from your system. Your doctor may prescribe a medication to soothe the pain -- a heating pad may also be helpful.