Urinary symptoms and yellow discharge: STD?

Q: I am unsure but it think i may have syphilis. It is slightly uncomfortable to pass urine not stinging but feels like its not emptying and i have a slightly yellowy discharge i have looked in too yeast infection but i am unsure what would you suggest?

A:    The Syphilis is a venereal disease, a STD ( sexual transmitted disease) caused by infection with a spirochete called: Treponema pallidum. It is transmitted by having sexual contact with an infected individual; it can also be acquired via exposure to infected blood. When syphilis is left untreated, ( the treatment is with penicillin) it  progresses through 4 stages: primary (when you see the genital sores), secondary, latent, and tertiary or neurosyphilis. Sometimes Syphilis can be a diagnostic challenge because of its wide-ranging clinical presentations. Given your urinary symptoms, you and your partner, both, should be tested not only for syphilis but for the rest of the STDs including HIV, especially Gonorrhea and Chlamydia which most likely are presented with urinary symptoms as you described.