Urinary tract infection?

Q: I have painfull sensation when I unrinate. and small amout of blood when I wipe on the toilet paper and small amount of back pain.

A:   Thank you for your question. These symptoms are very common symptoms exhibited by patients with urinary tract infections. UTIs are caused by bacteria which get into the urethra and bladder resulting in pain and inflammation. This can be treated by drinking copious amounts of water and having your doctor perform an urine test and prescribe you the appropriate antibiotic medication. This should be done promptly to prevent complications such as pelvic inflammatory disease. Please see your doctor.

Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com

Patient: yes i went to the doctor and i am on antibiotics and have to go back when i am done with antibiotics and get re tested