Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Urinary tract infection and its treatment

Urinary tract infection and its treatment

Patient: Hi,i am 50 years old male am from Tripura have diabetic from 35 years of age,now i am suffering from urinary problem and i have a very low pressure, my weight is 40kg,height 180cm. My recent symptoms – vomiting.. Today i have done urine test. My report is RBC 8 to 10 Pus cells plenty Protein 2 plus Sugar 4 plus EPITHELIAL CELLS 0 to 1 Sir, i am staying rural area in Tripura, and now i am not getting a good doctor or prescriber, so plz suggest me a medicine, so that i can feel better; later i will go for medical check up Please prescribe a antibiotic

Doctor: You may take any antibiotic like septra,ciprofloxacin etc . However you do need to see a doctor in person to rule out a more serious infection. Especially since you are a diabetic I would highly advice you to do the same.