Urinary Tract Pain and Discomfort

Patient

Q: Dull ache in urethra, fever, chills, and blood in urine. What's wrong?

Symptoms:  Symptoms: Dull ache in urethra, blood in urine, fever, chills.
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is likely that you have contracted a bacterial urinary tract infection. The only way to treat this is to be seen by a doctor and be prescribed antibiotics as soon as can. Failure to promptly treat this can lead to the spread of this infection to your kidneys leading to acute pyelonephritis which can cause permanent kidney damage. Please see your doctor.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com