Urinary Tract Trouble

Patient

Q: Had lower back pain, some small clusters of bubbles and clumps of tissue (wither white or bloody) in urine, but no normal symptoms of a UTI. Took a home UTI test that showed positive for leukocytes but negative for nitrates. Went to an urgent care, they did a dipstick test and said I had a UTI and prescribed cipro for 7 days (500mg twice a day). After the 7 days I took a home test again and it still shows positive for leukocytes negative for nitrates. My back pain is a bit better, but still having bubbles and clumps of tissue at times when I urinate. Any idea what this is?

Symptoms:  Lower back pain, some small clusters of bubbles and clumps of tissue (wither white or bloody) in urine
Doctor

A:   Thanks for your question.
Usually, Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) takes time to be cured and at least 3 weeks course of antibiotic is required. You may redo the urine test to see if the culture is sterile or not.
In the mean time you should take plenty of fluids.
Hope this helps.