Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Urine containing blood

Urine containing blood

Patient: When I am urinating there is a mix of blood within it, there is no symptoms of pain it but should I be concerned or worried?

Symptoms: No symptoms

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.It seems you are suffering from Stones in your renal tract par ticularly in ureter with or without Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).Prostatitis and Prostate cancer should also be kept in a differential diagnosis in such cases.I would advise you following:1.Ultrasound Abdomen with KUB.2. Hemogram3. Urine culture.4. X-ray KUB.5. KFT.You would be treated based on size, site of the stone.If Urine infection is found you would be given antibiotics based on culture report.This is my personal opinion for you based on available details.Stay Healthy.