Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Urine Smell-Infection?

Urine Smell-Infection?

Patient: Hello,Recently within the past 2-3 weeks I’ve noticed my urine has started smelling like tuna and was wondering what it may be. I’m a 27 year old male with no general health condition I know of nor do I take any medicationThank you

Symptoms: Urine smells, regular color, clear

Doctor: Hi,Thank you for the query.It seems that you have a Urinary Tract Infection. A UTI can cause smelly urine.Sympt oms of UTI are:- Fever- Shivering- Pain in lower abdomenIf you have these symptoms, get a Doctor to check your urine. The urine will be checked for blood cells and bacteria. If bacteria is present, you may have a UTI. After diagnosis, you will be started on Antibiotics to help you get cure.Hope this helps. All the best.