Urine Smell-Infection?

Patient

Q: Hello,

Recently within the past 2-3 weeks I've noticed my urine has started smelling like tuna and was wondering what it may be. I'm a 27 year old male with no general health condition I know of nor do I take any medication

Thank you

Symptoms:  Urine smells, regular color, clear
Doctor

A:   Hi,
Thank you for the query.

It seems that you have a Urinary Tract Infection. A UTI can cause smelly urine.
Symptoms of UTI are:
- Fever
- Shivering
- Pain in lower abdomen

If you have these symptoms, get a Doctor to check your urine. The urine will be checked for blood cells and bacteria. If bacteria is present, you may have a UTI. After diagnosis, you will be started on Antibiotics to help you get cure.

Hope this helps. All the best.