Urine smells like dill

Patient

Q: This may sound odd...But what would cause my 3 year old daughters urine to smell like dill?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. There is no medical condition associated with this odour being present in the urine. Strong odour to the urine in toddlers such as your daughter may be indicative of a developing urinary tract infection. What we suggest is that you promptly take her to her pediatrician to have her urine tested to for any bacterial infections. If this is not the case, then it is possible that there could be something that she is eating that is causing her urine to smell this way. Please be guided accordingly.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com