Urine test and drinking water

Patient: My Period is 13 days late today. Yesterday, I went to the doctor and got a urine pregnancy test, it was negative. Although, I drank alot of water before the test, and it was very clear urine because of that. Is it possible that the test was wrong because of diluted my urine might have been?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Irregularity in menstrual cycles can occur due to many causes .Usually urine pregnancy test kit can give accurate result after one week of expected date of periods.Dilution of urine may not have major effect in altering beta HCG levels in urine.But if you want to repeat the test, repeat with early morning midstream urine sample or you can go for blood test for pregnancy which can give more accurate result than urine test.Take care.

View all posts