Urology - visible veins

Patient

Q: I am starting to see veins much more visible on my penis. One of the vein is much more enlarged. Is this normal?

Symptoms:  Veins on penis
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is normal to notice changes in the skin of your genital region as you get older. Furthermore, the increased visibility of veins on your penis is not associated with any particular illness. However, if you find that you are having difficulty maintaining and erection, or experiencing pain then it would be wise to see a doctor. As of now, it is possible that you should not be concerned with this.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com