Using birth control once august

Patient : I started bc on August 2014 I'm on my fifth pack this month seen my bf last week he went inside of me without a condom then pulled out and put a condom on I took EC that same day because I was worry I won't be protected. Did I do the right thing because I told me regular doctor and she Sid I didn't needed it because I been on the pill since August so and she also told me that I would of needed if it was the first or second month on bc is this true?
Symptoms:  A little coughing I guess is my allergies because sometimes I cough and sneeze but not often