Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Using metformin with benfotiamine tablets ,can I become pregnant?

Using metformin with benfotiamine tablets ,can I become pregnant?

Patient: Im using metformin with Benfotiamine Tablets since 2 months( Nov 2013) to treat PCO’s as suggested by Doctor. My periods are usually regular. Got my last period on DEC 17. Dint get my period this month yet. Am I pregnant? If so I can continue using metformin tablets

Symptoms: Frequent urination, little pain in stomach sometimes( can be ignored)

Doctor: Thank you for your question. The best way to determine if you are pregnant is to visit your doctor and conduct a pregnan cy test and ultrasound to be certain if this is so. If you are in fact pregnant, then metformin is contraindicated during pregnancy, and should not be taken.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com with your medical question.