Uterine fibroids - is surgery required?

Q: I am 45 yrs female suffering from heavy bleeding during some periods. Sometimes normal. Scan shows uterine fibroids. Been advised sevista 60 for a month alternate days. Is surgery necessary?
My utrascound scan report below:
The uterus is anteverted, and measures 8.5 x 7.0 cm.
An intramural fibroid of 4.7 x 4.5 x 4.0 cm is seen in the anterior wall of the fundus. Another intramural fibroid of 1.9 x 1.9 cm is seen in the anterior wall of the fundus mildly indenting the endometrium.
The endometrial thickness is 6.2 mm.
The right ovary has a smooth walled, clear cyst of 3.4 x 2.8 cm. The right tube is mildly dilated.
The left ovary measures 2.4 x 2.5 cm and is normal sized.
Two small clear paraovarian cysts of 1.9 and 0.9 cm are seen in the left adnexa.

IMPRESSION : = Uterine fibroids.
Simple cyst in the right adnexa.
Minimal right hydrosalphinx.
Small left para ovarian cysts.

Symptoms:  Sometimes heavy bleeding during periods