UTI

Patient

Q: I'm a 26 year old female with recurring uti's. My latest culture showed 100,000 col/ml Enterococcus species in my urine. Is this cause for concern or simply a hygiene issue?

Symptoms:  bladder discomfort
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that your bladder may be infected by a bacteria called Enterococcus species or that the sample you provided could have been contaminated during the time you gave it, or when it was handled. If you are experiencing symptoms of a urinary tract infection, we recommend that you return to your doctor to have a repeat urine test.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com