UTI

Patient

Q: What if UTI goes untreated??? Is there any home remidies???

Doctor

A:   I know your concern about untreated UTI. A urinary tract infection is an infection that begins in your urinary system. It starts in the urethra, any part of your urinary system can become infected, but most infections involve the lower urinary tract.
If treatment is not given at the beginning when the infection is localized at the lower tract, it could spread and reach your kidneys probably causing serious consequences. Antibiotics are the typical treatment for a urinary tract infection. But you can take steps to reduce your chance of getting a urinary tract infection in the first place like drinking plenty of fluids, wiping from front to back after urinating and after a bowel movement helps prevent bacteria in the anal region from spreading to the vagina and urethra, urinating immediately after intercourse and avoid using deodorant sprays or other feminine products, such as douches and powders, in the genital area can irritate the urethra.

Guest: I am 19. Just recently within the last month I was treated for a UTI. I think the tests came back sort of late though, I had symptoms Sunday night and then didn't make it to the doctor until Tuesday, and the test results + medicine didn't start until a Friday and by then I was hardly able to stand for more than a few minutes without feeling faint and my back was killing me. So I do believe the infection at least semi-affected my kidneys but I took the medicine and felt better. I never had the burning sensation that most people get with a UTI, there was only pain in my lower pelvic area and blood in my urine.

That being said, I am now peeing a ridiculous amount. I'm not drinking enough water, I usually drink tons but for the past week I've been not really drinking for some reason. However, I am peeing like a full bladder every time I pee, and I'm peeing like every two hours or so. My pee is clear - yellow colored but why am I peeing so much without drinking hardly anything (not even soda and juice)? I read up on the internet about UTI after effects and I'm worried that this could be another, worse UTI or that the original one never really cleared.