UTI ampicilins

Patient: I have this friend who is suffering from UTI but it is not yet severe. I think ampicilin drugs can help her about this infection but I need the medications. If ever you have opinions i would be happy to know. thank you very much

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is best that your friend see a doctor and conduct a simple urine test. This will assist in diagnosing if for certain she has a urinary tract infection. Ampicillin antibiotics can treat UTIs, but there are also other antibiotics which can treat a UTI. It will be the physicians choice as to what will be the best antibiotic to treat her UTI. All of these antibiotics can only be obtained by prescription so she will have to see a doctor eventually.Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com