UTI and also STD question (Amoxicillin question)

Patient : I've recently gotten a UTI and I am now taking Amoxicillin that was from 3 years ago. I was wondering if this was okay or not? The A45 is a capsule, but I am starting to take 3 a day. Also, I performed oral sex on a person and have not been tested. I read that Amoxcillin can also get rid of Chlamydia. This action was performed 2 months ago (I have no symptoms.) However, I know that Chlyamydia will sometimes not show any symptoms at all. I did not have anal or vaginal sex.
Symptoms:  Worry, confusion, Amoxicillin,
Doctor :   Hello, Amoxycillin is not the preferred medication for UTI any more as the amount of resistance developed is high and moreover it doesnt act on gram negative organisms and even anaerobes. So a best drug combination to treat UTI is TAB NORFLOXACIN + TINIDAZOLE twice a day for 7-14 days depending on the symptoms. However it is always advisable to get a urine culture done to isolate the organism and then direct the treatment directly with antibiotics under prescription. Amoxycillin may not cure the infection completely so you may need to change your antibiotic. In the meantime , increase your water intake to 5-6 liters a day to flush out the infection sooner. I hope i have answered your query in detail, wishing you good health, regards