UTI and Yeast Infection after sexual intercourse. How do i prevent it?

Patient

Q: Every time I have sex, a day or two later I experience pain and itching in my vagina, and some cream coloured discharge. I was advised to urinate after intercourse and have been doing so, however it hasn't helped. I have also been drinking a lot of fluids. I eventually end up with a UTI and it can be extremely painful. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent this as the only cure is antibiotics, and I don't want to keep taking them?

Doctor