UTI during pregnancy help

Patient

Q: I was diagnosed with a UTI when I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant. They gave me an antibiotic that was safe to take during the pregnancy and I have completed the dose and taken all the pills. I am 13 weeks and still have the UTI. I have had UTI's and bladder infections since I was little ( I have been to the doctors because of the frequency of them and they told me I was just prone to getting them). I used to drink palo azul tea because it helped them go away. Is it safe to drink palo azul tea while I am pregnant?

Symptoms:  UTI, bladder infection
Doctor

A:   Urinary tract infections are common in the first trimester of pregnancy. Ideally a course of appropriate antibiotics given for 10 - 14 days should be enough to eradicate the infection. A pre-antibiotic urine culture is always indicated to confirm the sensitivity of the bacteria to the antibiotic. After the course of antibiotics is complete it is advisable to repeat the culture to ensure that the urine is bacteria free.