Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > UTI/Kidney infection/Bladder infection or something else?

UTI/Kidney infection/Bladder infection or something else?

Patient: Do I have a kidney infection/UTI/bladder infection/ yeast infection/STD?? Please help.

Symptoms: Vaginal burning, frequent urination, back pain, urine is CLEAR and is either colorless or a pale yellow, not cloudy or frothy, anxiety, no discharge slight itch

Doctor: Hello,If there is an element of vaginal burning and itching present then there are all possibilities that there is a fungal infection in the vagina which can most certainly cause a secondary urinary tract infection. It is suggested that you may visit your physician for a local examination and a vaginal smear examination for culture to isolate fungal spores or causative organism on growth. Also , a urine culture to be done to rule out any UTI as well. Further treatment can be based on the reports in form of antifungals and atibiotics together for treating vaginal candidiasis and UTI together.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you speedy recovery,regards