UTI or Flu with back pain?

Patient

Q: Hello. In early October, my doctor prescribed Prednisone for a tendon injury in my right leg due to poor stretching after my regular long-distance runs. I had to stop the medicine in the middle of its course, 3 days, as I had a rather bad reaction to it -Fever, chills, and lots of problems urinating. I had never had such problems. After that wonderful experience, I developed prostatitis (coincidence?): fatigue, badly smelling urine, continued difficulty urinating with a "burning" sensation, and low-back pain.

That was three weeks ago and my doctor prescribed Cipro. This time I read about the medicine before buying it and I decided not to take as it seemed like another type of "calculated" poison to me with many potentially disastrous side-effects. I went the natural medicine way and after two weeks I went for a test again. My PSA was almost normal, 4.07, but I developed a UTI, Greater than 100,000 cfu per ml Escherichia Coli. Great. The doctor recommended 5 additional days of Cipro (I never told him I did not take the first course). I continued taking natural medicine (lister below). Since yesterday however, I have been rather fatigued, I've had a bit of the chills and more acute low-bak pain (resembling the onset of kidney stones pain which I did have two years ago). The pain is manageable, more annoying that anything else. Beyond that, I have had no fever, no diarrhea, no blood either in my stool or urine, which is clear. I could have a early flu, despite the flu-vaccine of Sept. 26, but the low-back pain worries me. I know that's where my my kidneys are. What's your take? Thank you in advance.

Doctor