Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > UTI or something else?

UTI or something else?

Patient: Hi, so for a weeks now my urine has been a bit smelly and cloudy.I don’t have the itching or burning or urgent urination symptoms of a UTI though. I had a UTI in October which went away after a couple of days but this time its lasted for over a month. . what could be causing this? Kidney infection? STI?

Symptoms: Cloudy and smelly urine,

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.It seems you are suffering from Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).Most common causes of UTI in females are:1.Diabetes2.Stones in the renal tract3. Sexually transmitted.I would advise you following:1.Ultrasound Abdomen with KUB.2. Hemogram3. Urine culture.4. X-ray KUB.5. KFT.You would be treated based on size, site of the stone.If Urine infection is found you would be given antibiotics based on culture report.This is my personal opinion for you based on available details.Hope this helsp.Stay Healthy.