U.T.I pain

Q: Diagnosed and given antibiotics but pain stopped so never took them, now weeks later it hurts again

Symptoms:  Cant get all urine out, pain after urinating from feeling of urine still being there

A:   Thank you for your question. Your pain is likely due to your untreated urinary tract infection. The bacteria that causes urinary tract infections have a specific quality of attaching to the epithelial surface tissue of the bladder and urethra. It is recommend that take your antibiotics even though you do no longer have symptoms. Now that your symptoms have returned, we encourage you to return to your doctor to be examined to determine how far up the genitourinary system your infection has spread. It is possible to develop a kidney infection such as pyelonephritis with and untreated urinary tract infection. Please see your doctor.

Thank you for choosing asktehdoctor.com